I’ve decided to start a new series on Full Coverage, tentatively named “Low-Funds Lust List.”
This is directly inspired by my apparently insatiable need to buy pretty things and my distinct lack of funds with which to do so. New York City will do that to a girl. Basically, I’m hoping that putting products in a blog post instead of a shopping cart will take the edge off my consumer hunger without breaking the bank – like pretend shopping.
This is getting depressing, for so many reasons.
I present to you the inaugural Low-Fund Lust List:
Apparently I’m subconsciously really excited about Valentine’s Day this month because there is a decidedly pink theme going on in the makeup department here.
1. Roses De Chloe – I’m currently head over heels for the original Chloe Eau de Parfum and this version is a more delicate, rose-based scent that would be perfect for ringing in spring.
2. Diorskin Rosy Glow (001 Petal) – Though this blush looks kind of bananas in the pan, the formula is made to react to moisture levels in the skin, adapting to create a radiant, natural, and bespoke flush for the wearer. Drool.
3. Bobbi Brown eyeshadow – Would you believe that I’d never actually worn Bobbi Eyeshadow until this weekend? I tested out Cement from a friend’s gorgeous Navy & Nude palette and was blown away by the buttery, velvet texture and crease-free formula. It doesn’t hurt that Bobbi B is the master of the tasteful neutral either. Shades i’m coveting include Antique Rose, Cement, and Wheat.
4. Deborah Lippman Nail Laquers – I’m practically jumping out of my skin to get ahold of some of these babies. The color and finish selection is bold, gorgeous, and unlike anything else on the market right now. The glitter collection in particular has caught my eye and fave shades include Candy Shop (it’s just so over the top Barbie/cupcake/princess,) Stronger, and Happy Birthday.
5. Illamasqua Cream Pigment (Hollow) – I’m attempting to get into contouring and this seems to be a cult fave for fair skin types aiming for a natural effect.
6. Benefit’s Lollitint – There’s just something about this purpley candy pink that calls to me. I have a sneaking suspicion it’ll be a knockout on pale skin and I’m a sucker for a liquid cheek stain.
Once again, apparently I was channeling some Valentine’s Day spirit since I fixated on date night LBDs while perusing my favorite shopping
money traps sites.
1. Express Mesh Detail Sheath Dress – This dress, to me, is the epitome of sexy. It’s a perfect balance of demure and sexy that blows slinky and low-cut right out of the water. An ultimate, classy LBD.
2. ASOS Swing Dress with Collar and Drop Armhole – This LBD is about as flattering as it gets. The halter-esque collared neckline slims and streamlines the upper body while the drop armhole keeps the look modern and sexy. Add in the loose, floaty fit that hides a multitude of sins and you’ve got a pretty foolproof LBD.
While I have approximately 8,000 other things I’ve been coveting lately, I thought it best to stop here before things got out of hand. Now I’m off to go convince myself that no one really needs a Dior blush. Maybe If I keep repeating it…