Here’s a quick hit list of what I’ve been reaching for again and again this past month.
- Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel (clear) – seeing as how my eyebrows are constantly in a state of mutiny, eyebrow gel has become a staple in my makeup bag. That being said, I’ve yet to find one that really wows me. This gel, while not being amazing, is pretty darn good and is significantly cheaper than the other gels I’ve been testing recently. For those whose eyebrows need only mild encouragement – this could be an excellent bargain! $6.49/2.5oz.
- Rimmel London Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in #004 “Taupe” – this eyeliner is a great option for people who prefer more subtle definition when it comes to their eye makeup. It’s a warm, grey-brown shade that’s great for sneaky eyeliner looks or running along the lower lashes for a softer effect. The best part? It’s waterproof and won’t budge once it sets – win win win.
- Benefit “Stay Flawless” 15 hour primer – full review here.
- Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in #215 “Super Natural” – I’m a girl who love her “your lips but better” lip products – pinky browns alllll the way. Well this Revlon gloss is perhaps the ultimate YLBB gloss for me. It’s fragrance-free, non-sticky, and shiny without being over the top. It’s currently my go-to day gloss and I always keep it in my bag!
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve – this multi-purpose salve is incredible. It’s a super pretty clear pink balm that comes in a retro, rose-adorned tin. I love swiping this on before I head to bed at night – sometimes I can still feel in on my lips in the morning! Moisture city. $6/.8oz.
- Essie “In the Cab-ana” – Blues & turquoises are probably my all-time favorite shades to wear on my finger nails so the fact that this Essie offering is currently top of the pack should say something. It’s a gorgeous, summer color that’s bold and bright without being harsh. $8/.5oz.
- Color Club “Reign in Spain” – this color is available exclusively as part of the “Wanderlust” collection from Birchbox. It somehow manages to strike the perfect balance between neon and pastel and while it doesn’t look that amazing in the bottle, it’s a showstopper on the hands. It’s one of those polishes that has you continuously peeking at your fingers throughout the day. While the formula’s nothing to write home about, the color makes up the difference – it makes even my albino hands look tan. $8/4 mini polishes.
- Joe Malone “English Pear & Freesia” Cologne – this is the perfect summer perfume: light, sweet, fruity, and refreshing. It doesn’t have the most amazing staying power but the smell is so delicious it more than makes up for it – I just carry around a little sample version I hoodwinked the saleslady into giving me for touch-ups! A wee bit steep on the price front but I think the name “Jo Malone” might have already given that away. $60/30ml.
Random Bits & Pieces
- Target “Mini Cinnamon Donuts” Candle – I’ve done a mini review on this yummy candle.
That’s all I have for this month! But I made a ninja trip to Sephora during my lunch break last week and have a ton of new skincare products I’m testing – hoping those end up in my August faves next month! What have you been loving this July?